Car maintenance is not a child’s play!
In order to keep your car in working condition, you need to check for problems and get it fixed regularly.
Most of the people visit garages or service centers to service their car. While it is a good thing, it is very costly too.
But now you don’t have to waste unnecessary money on servicing your car. Instead, you can use Torque Pro App to diagnose the problems in your vehicle.
Ian Hawkins specially develops this app for android phones. It helps you to know what your car is doing in real-time.
You can get on-board diagnostics of the car by using fault codes in the app. You can check car performance, sensor data, and a lot more things.
What is Torque Pro App?
It is a car performance tool that helps you check for your car problems before it gets worse.
It works like a scanner and scans all the parts of your car to find the root cause of problems. To use this diagnostic tool, you need to connect it with an OBD ll Bluetooth Adapter.
Once the setup is done, you can open this app on your android phone to use different features and functions available on the screen. If you don’t know how to set up this app, we can show you how to do it.
Why do You need to Diagnose Your Car?
Like we go for regular health checkups, we need to run the annual diagnostics test on our car to see if it is functioning correctly. It helps in the early detection of problems.
Car diagnosis is essential. It not only helps to detect the problem but shows the root cause of the problem as well.
If you don’t diagnose your car, the problem with become worse over a period of time. It can cause big damage to your car.
In order to fix it, you have to shell out a lot of money from your pocket. But if you detect it early, you don’t have to pay extra money.
Car diagnosis helps to keep your car healthy and avoid untimely breakdown or car failure. If you want the car running for a long time without expensive repairs, you need to diagnose the vehicle from time to time.
How Can I Know If My Car Is OBD II Compliant?
You can use Torque Pro App in vehicles that are OBD ll complaint. So before you invest your money in the app, you need to check if your car uses OBD ll compliant or not.
- All the car models in the US sold after 1996 are OBD ll compliant.
- All the gasoline vehicles made after 2001 in Europe are OBD ll compliant.
- Diesel vehicles manufactured after 2004 in Europe are OBD ll compliant.
- All the vehicles manufactured after 2006 in Australia and New Zealand are OBD ll compliant.
- You need to check if an OBD ll connector is located in your car under the steering or the dash.
- You also need to check if a note or sticker is stating “ODB ll Compliant” on your car’s nameplate or under the vehicle’s hood.
- You can also check the car manual to find out if it is compliant.
- The last option is to search for online portals. All these things will help you to know if your car is OBD ll compliant.
What Are The Uses of Torque Pro?
Torque Pro App has many advantages. It is one of the reasons why most of the drivers rely on it. Here are some of the benefits of using this app.
- Low Maintenance Cost: The main advantage of using the Torque Pro app is that it helps you save a lot of money. If you own a vehicle, you need to spend a lot of money on maintenance. But with this app, you can run your diagnosis and save a lot of money.
- Early Damage Detection: It helps you to scan the car for any problems. It will use the fault codes to detect damage. As you can use it anytime, it allows you to detect the damage at an early stage. You can quickly fix it with simple repairs.
- Monitor Car Performance: It helps you to monitor the performance of the car. You can use this app while you are driving to know if the car’s performance is good. You can check the engine performance, speed, and many other performance indicators with this app.
- Additional Plugins: There is a “Get Plugins” feature in this app, which helps you use additional plugins. You can improve the functionality of the app by downloading plugins available online. The example, you can use the recorder plugin to video record your car journey.
- Track Car Data: This app helps you to gather all the data about the car. When you use it while driving, it tracks all the current data. You can use it for monitoring speed, carbon dioxide emission, temperature, and many other things. It stores all the data in the app.
- Easy to Use: This app is straightforward to use. You can download it from Google Play Store and connect with the adapter. Then, open the app and use all the functions given on the screen.
- Graphical Data: Apart from gathering all the data, this app also helps you display the data in graphical format. You can check the visual data about the car with it.
How Much Torque Pro App Cost?
Torque Pro is a paid app. To use this app, you need to purchase it first. This app is available on Google Play Store for download. It will cost you around $4.95 to buy this app. Once you make the payment, you can use this app.
Can I Use Torque Pro App For Free Of Charge?
If you want to use this app for free, you can go with the Torque Lite App. It is a free version of the Torque Pro App. It is available for free on Google Play Store. You will get limited functions and features with a lite version of the app.
If you want all the features and functions for free, you can use Torque Pro MOD APK. It is the modified version of the original app. As it is a hacked version, you don’t have to pay any money to use it. You can get all the features for free.
How to Install Torque Pro App for Android Phone?
If you need to use Torque Pro App, you need to download and install it on your android phone. Follow these steps to install the app.
Step 1: Open Play Store
The first thing need to do is open Google Play Store on your phone. Make sure your account is linked.
Step 2: Search for Torque Pro
After that, you need to go to the search option and search for Torque Pro.
Step 3: Buy
Now, you need to click on the Buy option to purchase the app. You can choose any of the payment options available on the Google Play Store.
Step 4: Make Payment
Now, you need to make the payment for installing the app. Enter all the details and make payment to use the app.
Step 5: Install
After you made the payment, you will be able to install the app. Click on install and wait for the app to be installed on the phone.
Step 6: Open the App
Now, you need to click on the app icon on your phone and give permissions to open the app.
How to Configure the Torque App with OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter?
Merely installing the app on the phone is not enough. In order to use the app for running the diagnosis, you need to configure and connect it with an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. These are the main steps need to follow.
Step 1: Choose a Compatible Adapter
The first thing need to do is select a compatible obd2 Bluetooth adapter.
Step 2: Insert the Adapter in the Socket
Now, you need to turn on the ignition of the car and find the diagnostics socket. It is mostly located under the steering or the dash. Once you find it, insert the adapter in it. Some lights will start blinking once you do it.
Step 3: Pairing the Adapter with Phone
You need to pair the adapter with the phone. Make sure the adapter is switch on. After that, open your phone and go to Bluetooth Settings. Turn on your Bluetooth and scan for the adapter. Once you find the adapter, click on pair and enter the code. It will be either 0000 or 1234.
Step 4: Select Adapter with Torque App
Now, you need to connect the adapter with the Torque App. You need to open the Torque App on the phone and choose Bluetooth Settings. You need to check the connection type and switch it to Bluetooth. Now, click on “choose Bluetooth Device.” You need to select the name of the adapter to connect the app with it. Once the connection is made, you can use the app to run diagnostics.
What Is Recommended Bluetooth Adapter For Torque Pro App?
Here are some of the best Bluetooth Adapters you can use with the Torque Pro App.
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool:
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro is one of the best OBD 2 Bluetooth adapters in the market. It is a certified tool for android and iPhone. That helps you to check all the systems in your vehicle. You will get free reports on your car. It allows you to conduct advanced tests as well. It has incredible customization options.
BAFX Products Wireless Bluetooth OBDII:
It is the most durable adapter on the market. You can use it for a long time. It helps you to read the diagnostics code and fix the issues in your car. You can use it to monitor your engine and get real-time data about your vehicle. It is simple and easy to use.
OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner:
It is easy to use the OBD2 adapter, which helps you scan your car’s problems. It is hacker-proof and affordable. You can use it with android phones as well as desktops. It gives four times faster results than any other adapter in the market.
OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan Tool:
This is another faster OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. It is as well as the OBDLink LX. You can use this adapter to run scans and find out the issues in the car. This adapter is straightforward to use. You can install it within 3 minutes. It helps you to transform your PC or mobile phone into a car scanning machine.
How to Create Torque Profile?
If you want to get accurate data about the car, you need to create a profile in the Torque Pro app. Here are the main steps you need to follow.
- Step 1: Open the app on your phone
- Step 2: Click on “options.” It is given on the down-left side of the screen.
- Step 3: Choose the “vehicle profile” option from the screen.
- Step 4: Click on “create a new profile.”
- Step 5: Enter the name of the profile and fill out all the details about the car.
- Step 6: Click on “save” to save the profile details in the app. You will be able to see the profile information in the “vehicle profile “option.
What Function Are Available in Torque Pro Home?
Here are the functions are given in Torque Pro Home. You can use all these functions while using the app.
# Realtime Information: This function helps you to monitor all the real-time data. You can check all the sensor data in real-time. You will get information about torque, horsepower, transmission temperature, speed, RPM, fuel trim, and airflow rate.
# Fault Codes: This feature helps you pull the current fault codes from your car and fix it. You can erase the codes to resolve the issue. Each fault code has a definition. You can use it to understand the problems with the car.
# Map View: This feature helps you to check the map view of the journey. You can use it to record and save your trip. It will help you to check your speed on various routes.
# Test Result: You can use this feature to check and verify the test results. You can check if your fuel system or the engine system is fine.
# Graphing: This feature helps you to get the data in the form of graphs. You can choose either choose to scatter chart or a line chart. It will help you to check the speed graph.
# Adapter Status: This option helps you to check the status of the OBD adapter. You can check if the Bluetooth is connected or not. You will get other tips and valuable information as well.
# Get Plugins: You can use this feature to download various plugins. These plugins will give additional functionality to the app. You can use the video recorder plugin to record your journey.
# Help: If you need any help while using the app or running the diagnostics, you can use this option. You will get the necessary support when you use this option.
How to Realtime Information Set Widgets on Display?
If you want all the real-time information on your phone screen display, you need to set widgets. Follow the steps to set up the widgets on display.
- Step 1: Download Torque Dashboard Plugin from Google Play Store on your phone.
- Step 2: Open the app by giving access to the phone.
- Step 3: Choose the “Add widgets” option from the app.
- Step 4: Choose a blank screen and click on the “+” sign given on “dash Setup.”
- Step 5: Choose all the widgets you want on the display screen. Now you will see all the real-time information on the display screen.
Torque Pro app is straightforward to use. If you want to use the app for your car maintenance, you can follow the necessary steps to set up the app and connect it with an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. Once it is done, you can use it for car diagnostics.
I’m T. Weerasinghe from Colombo. I am working in the automobile field for the last 8 years. I am a degree holder in Automobile engineering. I created this site to share my experience & knowledge with you. .Get more from here it’s my pleasure. Read About me